1. Breakfast in bed. She’ll thank you for not buying her a meal at the local greasy spoon that’s 65% of the days calories because the portion size is so huge.
2. Skip Hallmark. First of all, by now the cards are really picked over and you’ll end up with a bunch of cheesiness anyway. Second, something fashioned out of construction paper and crayons is much more memorable and charming.
3. Please please don’t send her flowers from one of those telephone florist places. They are grossly overpriced and the flowers wilt and die. Instead, buy her plants and then PLANT THEM FOR HER.
4. Consider an at home spa day. Keep it paraben free for mom. Think eggs, oatmeal, olive oil, strawberries – just not all necessarily together. It’s amazing the skin care ingredients that can come straight out of your pantry.
5. Grab the bus and head to the zoo, or walk to a local park. Pack some cheese, fruit and sparkling water and have a picnic while you’re there!
6. Is mom far away? Fire up Skype! You still get to see her and it’s way easier than hopping on an airplane or driving across the state.
7. Instead of buying her a book or her favorite magazine subscription, see if you can get it for her kindle.
8. Replace her household cleaning supplies with earth friendly ones (if she doesn’t use them already) Whether it’s a more eco-conscious brand or just a plain ol jug of vinegar it’s better for her.
9. Does mom’s car need a tune up? Her tires filled? While she’s being pampered at home in her spa, have someone take it for some lovin!
10. And of course, give mom a hug, and thank her for raising such a savvy, eco-friendly child!
Have more tips to share? I’d love to hear them. You can also join our friends at Healthy Child Healthy World for their Mother’s Day Twitter Party!
On Thursday, May 5th at 6pmPST/9pmEST They will be discussing easy, affordable, non-toxic ways to pamper moms naturally for Mother’s Day.
– The ugliest ingredients in beauty products that you should avoid;
– Easy DIY recipes for an at-home spa day;
– Ideas for turning your bathroom or bedroom into a relaxing get-away; and more!
They will also have fantastic prizes!
Please join and spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.
Here are some sample promotions: -
Join me @healthy_child @mindfulmomma @bigcitymoms and more on 5/5 @6pmPST 2 Chat Abt Pampering Moms Naturally For Mother’s Day! http://ht.ly/4IBKg
Let’s Chat About Pampering Moms Naturally For Mother’s Day! 5/5 @6pmPST w/ @healthy_child, more gr8 panelists & gr8 prizes! http://ht.ly/4IBKg
ps…you can find more Top Ten Tuesday fun here at oh Amanda….