My kids love doughnuts like they are going out of style. So I figure it’s time to start making them at home. This recipe is easy to do, and I usually have everything I need in my kitchen. Which means no special trips to the store, that’s a real hit.
I can make these cinnamon sugar doughnut holes at breakfast or even for dessert. Try dipping them in chocolate too! MMMM
Delicious Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Holes
6 Tbsp. Butter, cubed
1 Tbsp. Sugar
2 Cups Flour
¼ teas. Salt
3 teas. Baking Powder
¾ Cup Milk
Oil for frying
Cinnamon Sugar to roll holes in (1:4 cinnamon to sugar ratio)
1. In a mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar.
2. Slowly work in the Flour, Salt and Baking Powder until mixed thoroughly.
3. Add the Milk and mix until a dough forms.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out until ¼ inch thick. Cut out ½ – ¾ inch circles.
5. Knead scraps together and roll out to ¼ inch and continue cutting out circles until you are out of dough.
6. In a heavy bottomed pot heat 1 ½ inches of Oil to 350˚.
7. Working in batches cook the dough for approximately 30 seconds, flip them over and cook an additional 15-20 seconds.
8. Remove to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
9. Roll in Cinnamon sugar while still warm.