Are you excited for Despicable Me 3? It’s in theaters today, June 30. To gear up, we’ve been watching the other Minion movies – it’s been super easy thanks to our X1 Voice Remote, all of the Minions (and more) are just a voice command away. Thanks to XFINITY for sponsoring this post!
Find exactly what you need… or what your Minion’s need faster with the X1 Voice Remote
Make sure you try all of these commands out, and see what happens!
We had lots of fun with the X1 Voice Remote
Minion Inspired Popcorn
1/4 cup canola
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/3 cup sugar
gel food coloring
salt, to taste
candy eye balls or Minion cupcake decorations.
1. Before you do anything, make sure you have all your ingredients measured out, and a baking sheet ready.
2. Prep your colored sugar by mixing the gel food coloring with the sugar in a small bowl. Add a little at a time until you get a nice bright color. You shouldn’t need more than 1/4 teaspoon of color.
3. Add the canola oil and three kernels of corn to your pot.
4. Turn on your stove to medium heat, and wait patiently for the kernels to pop, once they pop, add the rest of the corn kernels and the colored sugar.
5. Start stirring immediately, and don’t stop. (This is way easier with the stove top popcorn maker) The corn will start popping in a few minutes.
6. Carefully keep stirring as the corn pops. When the popping slows, immediately transfer the popcorn onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt to taste.
7. Allow your popcorn to cool completely before storing so it gets nice and crispy. That is, if you don’t eat it all.
Note: Sometimes the yellow in your oil will give your blue color a greenish hue. I was hoping using gel color would keep that from happening, Would love any suggestions.