My favorite greek yogurt dessert starts with Tillamook

Tell your friends!Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest3Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon0Buffer this pageShare on LinkedIn0Share on Reddit0Digg thisEmail this to someone

I love yogurt. I grew up eating it for breakfast, snacks and even dessert. I’ve been trying to find ways to make snacks and desserts more healthy, so when Tillamook offered to send me some of the new greek yogurt to try, I was excited. I had plans to try making a delicious greek yogurt dessert.

What I wasn’t counting on is my husband enjoying the yogurt more than I do. And the generous supply that Tillamook sent me dwindled fast. Faster than I could make a dessert. So I restocked. And it disappeared again. Seriously? So last week, I headed to Safeway and picked up another stash of Tillamook greek yogurt, along with fresh strawberries and pound cake. I was determined, to make my greek yogurt dessert without any interference.

I guess you can say it was delicious.

Tillamook greek yogurt dessert with strawberry compote #firsttaste #sponsored

Easy greek yogurt dessert with strawberry compote

It doesn’t get any easier than this. Get a slice of pound cake or shortcake. Layer it with a homemade berry compote then top it with your favorite flavor of Tillamook Greek Yogurt.  Perfect for dessert, or breakfast, or as my toddler prefers, a mid afternoon snack.

The new Farmstyle Greek contains no artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, growth hormones, or high fructose corn syrup. It also features locally sourced fruit and nuts from the Pacific Northwest as well as buttermilk cultures for a less tart taste. Some of our favorite flavors include Oregon Blueberry, Honey Peach, Oregon Strawberry and plain ol’ French Vanilla.

How do you eat your Tillamook Greek Yogurt?

About Kerri Jablonski

Kerri Jablonski AKA The Maven lives in Seattle,WA with her 3 kids (2008, 2010, 2013), husband, cat and backyard chickens. Two of her children have special needs. Kerri enjoys cooking, travel, movies and spending time with her family.

1. I’ve actually never had Tillamook, but love Greek yogurt. That dessert looks amazing!
    Ashley Sears recently posted..Comment on Celebrate Earth Day with Crunchy and Glad Trash Bags by saminder gumer

2. nicole dz says:

OMG I love this! And strawberries are my favorite! The greek yogurt is such a healthy option, very good for you. Great dessert!

3. Julie Wood says:

I had this greek yogurt for the first time yesterday and it is one of the best greek yogurts that I have ever eaten. Only 140 calories with 15 grams of protein which keeps me full and the fruit in it is so delicious!

4. Jenna Wood says:

We always buy Tillamook chese, but I haven’t had the chance to try their yogurt yet. I make a lot of smoothies with Greek yogurt or enjoy breakfast granola with it!

5. Love greek yogurt but never tried making dessert with it – it has to be totally awesome
    Lena recently posted..Help Teachers Change Lives #spon

6. I’ve done something similar with honey, Greek yogurt, fresh raspberries, and pound cake, and it’s delicious! One of the easiest “throw together” desserts that always surprises people. And it’s healthier than using whipped cream or Cool Whip, which is a GREAT bonus!
    Suburban Style Challenge recently posted..Word-Less Wednesday: Stella & Dot Spring 2014 Favorites

7. Oh that looks like a good one, especially since it’s a ton better for you than the ice cream would be…..we’d probably even be able to sneak it by our inquiring 3 year old!

8. I have not tried the Tillamook before, but that really looks yummy! What a great idea for a quick dessert!

9. Love that baby pic — when the babies reach for it, you know it’s good! I’ll be looking for Tillamook on the next store trip.
    Dede recently posted..I remember the First Ride home with both of my sweet children

10. I did not know they made Greek yogurt. I’ll have to let my husband know – he loves yogurt.
    Patty recently posted..Puritan Witch by Peni Jo Renner – Book Blast #PuritanWitchTour

11. Wow, the flavors sound amazing- especially the honey vanilla, yum! What happened to the strawberry compote?

12. No that’s my kind of dessert! Simple, sweet and gorgeous! Never thought of using Tillamook as a topping but great idea.
    SHELLEY R ZUREK recently posted..Mother-to-child HIV transmission — Stamp it out with Born Free

13. I like to eat it with fresh berries.

14. Oh that looks fantastic. The little one seems to think so too.
    Debi@ The Spring Mount 6 Pack recently posted..The best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe

15. Sandra VanHoey says:

My sister eats this yogurt all the time so I know it must be good. I want a piece of this now

16. Christy Peeples DuBois says:

I really like yogurt, along with my daughter and Mother, but we have not tried this brand. I am putting it on my shopping list to pick up. And that dessert looks wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing.

17. Colleen Boudreau says:

This looks so yummy! & I love Greek yogurt!

18. Sandra VanHoey says:

I love Greek Yogurt. I have been trying new recipes lately so I appreciate all the good recipes

19. Sharon Rooney says:

I love the idea of using Greek Yogurt as a desert topper. I never thought of that.
    Being a lover of Greek Yogurt it would be a wonderful way to cut those extra calories out of my deserts

20. Janet W. says:

What a delicious combination! I’m a fan of greek yogurt, so this looks really good!