This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
I confess, sometimes in the craziness of having three kids, it’s easy to forget to have special things for Alan and I. Or when I do get a fun snack, they somehow get commandeered by the kids. Funny how that works.
Now, growing up, I loved making (and eating) Rice Krispies Treats. But NOW, I buy them premade. It’s about a zillion times easier, instant gratification and when I’m not keeping them all to myself, I’ll even share them with the kids in their lunches. The kids and I found them at Costco in a nice big box! Yay! Fun Snack!
BUT, since this time the Rice Krispies Treats are about Alan and I, and not the kids, I wanted to have some fun with it. So I made a fondue. Not just any fondue either.
I made Mexican Hot Chocolate Fondue.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Fondue
1 pint heavy cream
12 ounces dark chocolate chips
1 2 cup mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a heavy bottomed pot, gently heat cream over medium low heat. Do not bring to full boil.
2. Once cream is heated, add chocolate chips gently stirring until combine and no lumps remain.
3. Add marshmallows. You may want to add one cup at a time. Stir until all the chocolate mixture and marshmallows are melted and smooth. Be careful not to scald the fondue.
4. Before removing from heat, add vanilla extract and cinnamon
5. Transfer to fondue pot and keep heated according to manufacturers instructions
6. Prepare Rice Krispies treats in two ways to enjoy with your fondue
a.) Slice treats in two parts lengthwise
b.) Cube treats to be skewered onto bamboo skewers with marshmallows and/or fruit.
Can we say yum? And no, we absolutely did not share the fondue with the kids. (Sorry Mom, I know you’re reading this, but something about open flame just seems to do better in an adult only setting)
While you’re contemplating making my Mexican Hot Chocolate Fondue, you’ll want to vote for your favorite recipe in the Kellogg’s My Happy Contest! There are eight amazing recipes made by my fellow bloggers. You have the chance to win one of 20 prizes worth over $250 (more details below!)
TO ENTER VISIT Rice Krispies Treat contest page and enter to win by voting!
Contest voting runs 3/24-5/3/15. You’re allowed one entry per week on a non-private platform (so no protected accounts)
To enter via Twitter, Pinterest and/or Instagram, go to any of the Social Platforms and include the hashtag #RKTreatSweeps and the name of the Treat recipe you’re voting on in the copy of your post.
IMPORTANT:You must also send or share a link of your post to RKTreatSweeps@kellogg.com in order for your Social Platform entry to be verified.
Twenty (20) Grand Prizes will receive:
$250 Bank-issued, pre-loaded Gift Card;
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares (XX ct.)
Beats Pills™ Portable Stereo Speaker by Dr. Dre™
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows (10 oz.)
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed Chocolate Swirl snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
(1) Jet-Puffed Strawberry snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed S’moresMallows
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed StarMallows (8 oz.)
Assorted MARS products
(1) M&M’s® dispenser
(1) M&M’s® Milk Laydown Bag
(1) M&M’s® Peanut Laydown bag