Holiday Gift Guide Picks – For your Apple Device
We’ve had some fun the past few days with the newly released educational apps from Fingerprint Play.
I’m big on educational apps. Especially when they are fun.
The games we’ve tried are both parent friendly in setup and kid friendly in play. That’s important to me. The games are cute and subtly teach your children skills like math, reading and more!
I love that when you log into one of the Fingerprint Play games, you can also access any of the ones you own, which is pretty neat too. There is support for multiple children and you can even send emails to your child in game.
The encouragement that is given during the game play is awesome! They are all very intuitive and teach your child different skills while having fun! Which is how games should be! Another great feature is the ability to see your child’s progress in the game.
You’ll notice that I have screenshots from the game for both of my children. They are both from ONE iPhone. That’s right, you can create multiple accounts on one game. Smart. I LOVE that.
I can’t wait for more games to come out from Fingerprint Play!
Read the entire press release here:
Fingerprint Kicks Off $1 Million App Giveaway to Support Launch of its Big Kid Life and Play Maker Titles
San Francisco, Calif. – December 1, 2011 – Fingerprint Digital, Inc., a kids’ learning and entertainment platform, today unveiled the first five “Fingerprinted” apps for kids ages 3-8 and their grown ups on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Founded by a veteran development team from LeapFrog, PlayFirst, and LucasArts, innovative start-up Fingerprint is launching the first-ever mobile social learning and play network. Every Fingerprint application includes a set of features that enable sharing and communication between kids and their grown ups, game play snapshots for parents, a recommendation engine for new games based on play patterns and progress, and a virtual reward system that encourages kids to keep learning.
With the release of its first five apps, Fingerprint also gives families the chance to test out the groundbreaking Mom-Comm feature, which allows parents to stay engaged as their kids enjoy exciting game play and learning activities. Making it even easier for users to try it out, Fingerprint is launching with a limited-time giveaway of the first $1 Million worth of apps.
In Big Kid Life Fire Fighter, Big Kid Life Vet, Big Kid Life Fairy Princess and Play Maker, kids make their way through new adventures while practicing education skills. In DoReMi, 1-2-3, kids master fun music ear training games that boost brain development while they laugh, create, and play. Meanwhile, the in-app Mom-Comm allows family and friends to join in the fun, and keep up with kids’ progress, from wherever they may be. Enhancing the learning and play experience, parents have the option to send words of encouragement by recording a voice message, writing a note, or choosing a scripted message.
The $2.99 premier apps are available to download for free in the Apple App Store for a limited time, and in the coming months, the network of Mom-Comm enabled games will expand. Here’s a preview of the premier games:
- Big Kid Life Fire Fighter <http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/big-kid-life-fire-fighter/id478103235?ls=1&mt=8> – Kids ages 4-7 can use their special backpack hose to drench Fire Monsters, use ladders to climb past obstacles, and save kitties and puppies – all while practicing skills with numbers, shapes and symbols.
- Big Kid Life Vet <http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/big-kid-life-vet/id473100498?ls=1&mt=8> – Kids ages 3-6 learn logic with letters, numbers, colors and shapes as they try to find out what’s ailing their pet in a series of fun touch and seek levels.
- Big Kid Life Fairy Princess– <http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/big-kid-life-fairy-princess/id478113235?ls=1&mt=8> Kids ages 4-7 develop reading comprehension skills as they play through 15 magical adventures, creating their very own Fairy Princess story.
- Fingerprint Play Maker <http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fingerprint-play-maker/id478120893?ls=1&mt=8> – Kids ages 4-8 learn progressive math and spelling skills with the help of their own unique Fingerprint character. Kids can design a costume, choose fun animations and even record a voice for their character.
- DoReMi 1-2-3 <http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/doremi-1-2-3/id479692413?mt=8> – Kids ages 4-8 interact with moo-sical cows, boat-rowing pandas, and twinkling stars while learning to distinguish the individual building blocks of musical pitch and melody and boosting brain development. This is Fingerprint’s first third-party app developed by Creativity Mobile <http://www.creativitymobile.com/> and Funosophy, and the first in a series of groundbreaking music education games. *DoReMi 1-2-3 not included in initial app giveaway, but will offering a holiday-themed in-app giveaway soon. Currently available only on iPad.
About Fingerprint Digital, Inc.
Fingerprint is the first kids’ learning and entertainment platform, providing sharing and engagement opportunities between kids and grown ups across mobile devices and the web. Its network of quality, Mom-Comm enabled edutainment apps is made up of first-party apps, as well as apps “fingerprinted” by third-party developers. Fingerprint is backed by THQ (NSDQ: THQI), Reed Elsevier Ventures, and K2MediaLabs and is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, visit www.fingerprintplay.com <http://ctt.marketwire.com/?release=796113&id=720952&type=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.fingerprintplay.com%2f> or facebook.com/FingerprintPlay <http://www.facebook.com/fingerprintplay> .
About Creativity Mobile
Located in the Silicon Valley, Creativity Mobile was launched by parent company Creativity, Inc., a 12-year industry leader and innovator of kids’ interactive entertainment including toys, games and learning products. Their mission is to bring to the App space the highest of standards in quality content and play value for kids and parents everywhere. Bringing the wealth of experience behind over 5000 kids’ play and learning products to the brave new world of mobile media, Creativity Mobile is poised to take Apps for kids and families to the next level. To find out more, please visit www.creativitymobile.com <http://www.creativitymobile.com/> or www.facebook.com/CreativityMobile <http://www.facebook.com/CreativityMobile> .
Disclaimer: I received these apps free of charge for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received and the opinions here are my own.