Summer is here and that means the kids are home. When they aren’t playing outside, they might be watching movies. SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide to bring you these safety tips for your flat panel television! They have generously offered to give one of my readers a flat panel TV wall mount.
Most parents are unaware of the safety risks that flat panel TVs pose for kids. Due to increasing size and new ultra thin designs, today’s flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, toppling off of furniture and causing injury or even death. It’s important to avoid TV tip-over related injuries and secure your TV with flat panel TV wall mounts.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed
· A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
· Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
· Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
· An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
· Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
· Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
Live customer support available 6 days a week
Disclosure: I have not been compensated for this post at this time. The sponsor has offered a flat panel TV wall mount to myself and a winner. I do not yet have experience with this product. You are responsible to make sure it can be safely mounted in your home. Sanus Systems is NOT responsible for installation