Want a fun and easy gift for your favorite Valentine? How about this fiery red hots sugar lip scrub?
Red Hots Sugar Lip Scrub
This recipe will make 3/4 cup:
1/4 cup coconut oil
10 cinnamon red hot candies or 1 t cinnamon extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Optional: 2-3 drops red food coloring
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the coconut oil and red hots for 30 seconds or until the oil is melted.
2. Remove from microwave and stir mixture for 10 seconds.
3. Microwave an additional 15 seconds.
4. Remove oil from microwave and sister and additional 10 seconds.
5. Using a spoon, remove the red hots from the oil. They will not have melted but their strong cinnamon flavor will now be infused in the oil.
6. Add 1/2 of the sugar to the oil and food coloring and mix well. It will be a somewhat wet mixture.
7. Add the rest of the sugar until you reach your desired consistency for the scrub. I ended up using the entire 1/2 cup of sugar.
8. Transfer scrub to an airtight container.
9. When ready to use, just apply lip scrub to your lips and gently rub with your finger. Rinse with a warm washcloth and pat dry. Lastly, apply your favorite lip balm.