Small Moments with our blogging family

Tell your friends!Share on Facebook2Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon0Buffer this pageShare on LinkedIn0Share on Reddit0Digg thisEmail this to someone

Maven - Blog Disclosure - FTC

One of the hard things about living across the country from our family is that my children don’t get to grow up with their cousins. Now, I wasn’t super close to my cousins either, but we still saw them a few times a year. The wonderful things about some of my local blogging friends is they’ve become my family. Not to call out favorites (okay, to totally call out favorites) but we spend a lot of time with Leanne (of Rave & Review) and her husband Tyler and their two children. Our kids are growing up together and sharing so many childhood milestones and small moments, it’s so sweet.

Girl cousins

I’ll fully admit, one of the things I love about spending time with Leanne is she always has her camera. Her real camera, she’s not hidden behind her phone. She has a knack for capturing these wonder small moments that our children are sharing and I just love it. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that we also sometimes like to dress our children in complementary (or matching!) clothing to accentuate the adorableness.

Blogging Cousins

Lately our wardrobe of choice has been from Gymboree. It’s hard to go wrong. Classic, fashionable clothing that the kids can play hard in and still look great. Even with our kids being of varying ages we can usually find pieces that look great without being overly matchy. The Yellow and Black dresses we got for the girls are just precious, and our guys look great in their Beach Buddies shirts.

Our kids love being together whether it’s a picnic in the backyard, a family dinner at Red Robin, or even a very special trip to Disneyland. Watching them grow up together brings back the same memories I had with my own cousins, and I just love it. I feel very lucky that they have each other.

Small Moments at Disney Junior

PS…you may be wondering where Sebby is in these photos. Don’t worry, we didn’t leave him out , he just didn’t want to have his picture taken that day. He looks just as dashing in his new clothes as his siblings and blogging cousins

About Kerri Jablonski

Kerri Jablonski AKA The Maven lives in Seattle,WA with her 3 kids (2008, 2010, 2013), husband, cat and backyard chickens. Two of her children have special needs. Kerri enjoys cooking, travel, movies and spending time with her family.

1. Awwww! We love our blogging cousins SO MUCH! I love that they have each other to grow up with…. and eventually they can help each other write their tell-all books about growing up as blogging children :)
    Leanne recently posted..Northwestern Mutual #MyHeroMom celebrates moms {tweet & share to donate $5 to childhood cancer research}

2. I love that picture of the sisters hugging their brothers! What a bunch of cuties! I hear you on the distance with family. I miss watching my kids have the memories I had growing up with cousins and family. Hopefully one day we will be closer to family to give them that!
    Leila recently posted..Cherishing the Big and the Little Moments of Parenting

3. Jeanine says:

These are some very cute pics. You are both very fortunate to have made such great friendships!

4. nicole dz says:

We make sure our kids grow up knowing there family, cousins and all. It is so important to have time with family as they grow up. My kids get the same way with sometimes not wanting to take pictures.

5. What a cute line of clothes. Love the yellow sandals.
    Tiffany (Fabulous Mom Blog) recently posted..It’ll Be Alright On the Night — Making Wine At Dinner a Winner

6. Navy is one of my favorite colors, so I really like the girls’ dresses!

7. I love Gymboree clothing for my kids, very cute clothes that are stylish, comfy, yet very affordable.

8. We don’t live near our family either. Luckily we do have a brother-in-law close by, so my kids are close to his daughter. It’s neat that your blogger friends have become so close!

9. Jennifer Hiles says:

What great photos. I just love the matching outfits.You are right, she does do something special with her camera. I can never get moments like these. I’m always a few seconds too late! Love the one of the girls looking at each other.

10. Dorothy Boucher says:

you have a beautiful family , God Bless You and Yours.. as far as the clothing goes, love the cute outfit and now a days there are so many wonderful places to shop for little peoples clothing, hehe I know I have eight grandchildren and I try to help out as much as I am able to.. thanks for share

11. Those pictures are so cute. I love the matching boy/girl outfits!

12. That is so sweet. It is something I feel like I am ripping my kids off of a chance to be close to their cousins. Hopefully we will be moving shortly to a more populated area and we can make friends with another family they can be close with. Like cousins.

13. ellen beck says:

The kids are darling and I adore those dresses I love the color. The kids look so happy and pleased!

14. It’s so nice to have someone (family or not) to spend extra time with. I think it’s important for children to have those special friends, but it’s important for parents too. We all need someone to lean on (outside of significant others) when things get tough. It’s how we’re wired. Your friend takes beautiful pictures too!

15. I know how it is to not live near family. It certainly gives you a new appreciation and joy for them when you do get to be with them.

16. Maria Iemma says:

My family lives in California and we live in New York, it is hard to be such a distance away but thanks for skype and facebook we keep connected.

17. courtney b says:

beautiful pictures. I love photography. Its really all we have left other then memories after time. So sad

18. Kaitlyn Ivy says:

What a great post. The kids were adorable in their clothes. Really great that you and your family have found something in which everyone can participate together.

19. Megan Filzen says:

Family is so IMPORTANT!

20. i’m a new follower- where are you from? I am marrying into a jablonski family from Massachusetts. just thought it was funny.
    anyway. I am a blogger and i have met such nice ppl thru blogging. I haven’t met anyone in person yet but I’d like to someday!