Monday I was still on a BlogHer11 adrenaline high. After four and a half days of being with awesome bloggy friends, that is to be expected. I’m glad I had BlogHer over the weekend, because my amazing son was formally diagnosed with Autism. Which we knew. But hearing it for real is something else.
Tuesday I crashed. Tired. Spent. Worn out.
Wednesday I am in recovery mode, replying to emails, stalking Twitter, picking up the pieces. Finally getting around to writing this post, which might actually not get published until tomorrow.
On the plane there were two awesome bloggers in the row in front of me and behind me. I did not know this until the plane landed in San Diego. Figures. However we shared a cab, and then afterwards, I kept seeing one of them, Dana. Like, every day, all the time. 🙂
Within hours of arriving in San Diego I was running into friends. So all those blog posts that say oh get your friends numbers blah blah blah you will never see them otherwise, um, I must be the exception that rule. Because I saw some of my most favortist bloggers EVAH that very first day. I am not naming names because I do not want to hurt any feelings.
Please don’t ask me what I did at BlogHer in any particular order. All I know is most days I was up somewhere between 7-8am and non stop until close to midnight. I didn’t go to a single session. I had intentions of going, really, I did. I went to BlogHer to talk to brands and network with other bloggers. And that’s what I did.
Here is what I know:
- I am not Loralee. She is not me. It is my baby. Confused? Read THIS POST from Backpacking Dad.
- The sponsors of the Haute Green Party are crazy generous. Quincy has some beautiful fluff now.
- Leila and I are destined to be Power Rangers. For Reals. Her last name is also THE Ninja. Ironically, Leila also knows a
boyman I dated in high school. Why does this mean anything? Um, because I dated him like 20 years ago. It proves my theory that I probably do in fact, have less than six degrees of separation between me and Kevin Bacon.
- The Big Toy Book party aka SweetSuite (thank you KidzVuz too) was like being a kid in a candy store and has made a little girl and boy in my house very happy with all the goodies we took home. While we were there, Q and I lavished on the Pink Berry and oohed and aahed over the AdoraDolls. Did I mention Christmas is likely covered from the generous swag bag they gave me? I also got to meet (finally) the awesome PR gal, Monica, from LeapFrogthat I’ve been working with, like forever.(Excuse the lousy piccy, darn iPhone)
- The Blogging Angels really are angels. Not only did they arrange for a tour bus to pick us up for breakfast, but I learned a lot at our power session too. Win win.
- Mom Sparkles ROCK! I was beyond ecstatic to finally meet Jill, Haley, Amy and all the other incredible women from the Mom Spark forums that I’ve been chatting with over the past year.
- That it is possible to “sneak” a baby into a bar in San Diego.
- The Bloggess has a pretty bathroom.
- I met some of the most incredible, wonderful people ever and I already miss them terribly.
- The fruity martini that Merrygot for me from the bartender at the East Village Tavern and Bowl was REALLY good. There’s a story here, I’ll let her tell it.
- Quincy made friends at BlogHer too!
- The parties are fun and sparkly! Even when wearinga baby.
- That after a full day of friends, networking and parties, it’s really important to get a good nights sleep.
- I need to take more pictures, and hunt down the people that took them of me. Oh, and the camera on my iPhone 3 sucks. Guess I better activate the HTC Surround I got (THANK YOU)
- A million other awesome things happened, but this post has met it’s quota for bullet points.
- I’ll be buying my ticket for BlogHer12 soon…. I”ll figure out how to get across the country and how to convince my dear husband about going later. Priorities. 🙂
- I’m no longer a BlogHer virgin. I loved every single minute and I can’t wait until my next conference. If you are hesitating for a single moment about whether or not you should buy a ticket for BlogHer 12? Doooo EEEEEET.