One of the newest “handheld” game systems to hit the market is the K-Magic by K’s Kids. The K’s Kids Movie and Game Interactive Console has Cartoons, Educational Games, First Words AND Music for Babies. ALL IN ONE. It’s marketed for children from 0-6 years.
Now, before you get worried, I know it sounds sort of strange, giving a baby their first game console. But at Quincy’s stage, the K-Magic is a sweet little music box. It has 4 different playlists that can be used with or without soothing images. It’s pretty cute.
In case you are wondering if it appeals to toddlers and preschoolers, well, it does. I can’t keep Sebby from swiping it from her. Not so good when she’s napping! and ESPECIALLY not good when she’s playing!
Here’s what I like about the K-Magic:
- Lots of fun “Magic Cards” with educational games
- It comes with a carrying case and little fabric “flower hook” to attach it to the side of the crib.
- The 3.5″ screen is big, but not too big.
Here’s what is disappointing:
- It’s really easy to turn off, and a pain to turn on (you have to hold down the power button for more than a few seconds.)
- Even at the lowest volume setting, it’s pretty loud. A volume SWITCH would rock!
- Battery life could be better.
The K-Magic is a cute idea and lots of fun! You can learn more about the features here.
We’ll see how Quincy does with it as she gets older. Hopefully it will keep her from wanting my iPhone!