Ten things that essential to me and what matters most to ensure my family and I have a happy and fulfilling life…
10. Family trips to Hawaii. We just got back up from our first annual family vacation to Hawaii. 7 days of warmth and sun allowed us to reconnect as a family and really enjoy each others company. All the Vitamin D was a nice perk.
9. Fresh fruits and veggies. Sure, frozen is great for baking, soups or a quick fix, but nothing quite beats a fresh fruit salad.
8. Our pets. Well, pet. We have a very elderly kitty, Jhana. I believe that having a family pet is essential – sometimes someone to talk to that can’t talk back is just what you need after a long day.
7. Perfect broken in jeans and a comfy sweatshirt. I think this goes without saying.
6. Giving my children the best possible education I can. My son has Autism, so education is that much more important. Finding the right classroom for him to grow and thrive is so important to our family. My daughter was born 8 weeks premature so she has her own needs too!
5. Pizza night. Usually from our local pizza joint – they source local ingredients whenever possible and use bicycle delivery, it’s hard to go wrong with that.
4. Playtime. Whether its swings and slides on the playground, a bucket of legos on the floor or snowboarding on Mt. Baker, playtime is essential to my family. A family that plays together, stays together.
3. Sleeping in on the weekends. If you call 8am sleeping in. Sometimes it’s nice to catch those extra zzzz’s and snuggles to rejuvenate!
2. Having our alone time. Being a supportive parent takes a lot of work. Knowing when to take time to be alone is key to a happy and fulfilling life.
1. A good dietary supplement like Nordic Naturals. Sometimes our diet isn’t enough and we need a little boost. The Ultimate Omega-D3 and Children’s DHA are essential for a healthy immune system.
Note: I wrote this post as part of a campaign for Healthy Child Healthy World and Nordic Naturals. No compensation was received but I might win a trip to California for sharing this post! You can enter to win too!
Nordic Naturals® What’s Essential™ Contest Details
Share your What’s Essential™ story, and enter to win a ticket to California!
We want to know what matters most in your life. So we’ve designed the What’s Essential contest that will run from January to April 2012 with prizes to get you motivated and musing! What’s Essential to you? Is it spending time with friends and family? Is it hanging with your pet? Finishing a marathon this year, or perhaps running a mile every day? Share your What’s Essential story, and enter to win!
How to enter? It’s simple…
1. Like Nordic Naturals on Facebook or visit www.whatsessential.com
2. Submit your What’s Essential story and accompanying image
3. Tell your friends, and their friends, to share their What’s Essential story, too!
What you will win:
The What’s Essential Contest will award 19 prizes to the top What’s Essential entries. Here’s what they win!
Grand Prize Winner: One winner will receive a trip for two to Santa Cruz, California with all the trimmings, including airfare, car rental, hotel, spending money, Nordic Naturals award winning omegas and more*!
Second Prize Winners: Each of the six Second Prize winners will receive one Canon® Vixia HF M400 camcorder and a one-year supply of Nordic Naturals award winning omegas.*
Third Prize Winners: Each of the twelve Third Prize winners will receive a one-year supply of Nordic Naturals award winning omegas.*
*See official rules at whatsessential.com.
Learn more on Facebook or www.whatsessential.com