So I have an embarrassing confession. I was all excited about this review Chili’s Triple Dipper. So excited I was practically salivating when I got the email in my inbox. I quickly checked their website locator and saw their was a location in Seattle – near the airport. Sweet! We could go have some delicious food and then go to IKEA. Total win in my book!
Well… fast forward a day or two later and I rechecked the website for the address before we loaded the kids in the car and headed down. (I’m so glad I did this BEFORE we loaded the kids up)
Concourse D, Gate 7
17801 International Blvd.
Now what? Surely TSA would let me through security to review a plate full of delicious goodness, right? Ok, probably not. This blogger was HOSED. And really embarrassed.
So my wheels started spinning. And I immediately came up with an idea. I pinged my friend Kristin on Facebook – I know she and her husband love to go out to eat. Not only that, I know she would do an amazing job representing a brand for me.
Before hand, I made sure she had a Chili’s near her. They did. Lucky for me, right? The good thing is, I know Kristin and her husband Andy are foodies. So if any of my friends could give the Chili’s Triple Dipper a spin on my behalf, they were the perfect ones to do it.
Here’s what they had to say:
- We ordered the triple dipper appetizer platter and chose the loaded baked potato skins, southwest egg rolls, and chipotle-honey shrimp. The dipping sauces included sour cream (for the potatoes), avocado-ranch (for the shrimp) and ranch (for the egg rolls).
- We also ordered beers–they have two-for-ones all day, everyday, which is a really great deal!
- As far as greasy, unhealthy late-night eats go, all three of the appetizers we tried were really good.
- Andy, a long-time expert and connoisseur of loaded back potato skins, was a big fan of Chili’s take on the appetizer staple. Lots of melty, gooey cheese. tons of real bacon, and fresh chives.
- I picked the chipotle-honey shrimp partly because I thought it sounded at least somewhat healthy-ish. It ended up being deep-fried and heavily breaded, kind of like chicken wings…but really, really good! The sauce was excellent–just the right amount of sweet and spicy. It was so good, in fact, that I didn’t even use the avocado-ranch sauce that came with them. I thought these were really good and something a bit different than the standard chicken wings you usually find on an appetizer menu.
- The southwest egg rolls were really yummy! Lots of corn, black beans, and perfect amount of kick.
- Overall, the triple dipper contains a LOT of food for the $10.99 it costs. Andy and I were both pretty hungry and left full on just the appetizers (and beer :). It was the perfect late-night snack! I wouldn’t probably order it before an actual meal because it’s a lot of food (and heavy, filling food at that!)
Sounds they enjoyed it, right? I sorta wish I had sweet talked the TSA at Sea-Tac.
Something else that’s totally cool is Chili’s is hosting this amazing promotion called Shout Out to Eat Out. Just put yourself in an “amazing trio” photo and you are entered to win a daily prize of a $20 Chili’s Gift Card or a grand prize of $333 in Chili’s Gift Cards! Not too bad huh?
For fun, here’s mine:
So here’s the fun part – I get to give one of YOU a $20 Chili’s Gift Certificate. Delicious right? Just make sure YOUR closest Chili’s isn’t in YOUR airport.
Mandatory Entry – enter the name of this blog “The Maven of Social Media” using THIS LINK which will take you to a Google Form. Please comment below once you’ve done this. You must complete this entry or all of the bonus entries will not count.
BONUS ENTRIES : Please leave a separate comment below for EACH entry you complete.
1. Tell me your 3 favorite foods you would like to have all on 1 plate.
2. “Like” Chili’s on Facebook
3. Follow @Chilis & @Shoutout2eatout on Twitter
4. Create your terrific trio located on http://www.shoutouttoeatout.com and comment with the URL link
5. Opt-In to Chili’s email club here http://bit.ly/m6HYef (You’ll receive a free appetizer certificate too!)
6. Tweet out this “At @Chilis Good Things Come In 3’s! Check out @2Wired2Tired http://bit.ly/linkyrave for 200 chances to win in the #tripledipper linky rave!”
7. Write a post on your blog about your 3 favorite foods you would like to have all on 1 plate and mention the Shoutout2eatout.com promotion. Then comment with the URL link.
8. Follow The Maven of Social Media on Google Friend Connect
9. Like The Maven of Social Media on Facebook
All entries must be received by 11:59pst on 6/12/2011. One winner will be chosen from all VALID entries using the fabulous wordpress plugin “And the Winner Is” Please make sure you leave your valid email address otherwise we have no way of contacting you and we’ll choose another winner. Bummer!
Disclaimer: A representative of The Maven of Social Media received a $20 Chili’s gift card in exchange for her review of the Triple Dipper appetizer. No other compensation was received for this post and the opinion here is our own.
PS… want more chances to win – this giveaway has a linky of 200 other blogs that are participating! Check it out here: http://www.2wired2tired.com/chilis-tripple-dipper-linky-rave