We received the Pentel POP Gel Pen Series Collector’s Edition in exchange for this post. This post contains affiliate links. When I was little, I loved spreading out with my box of 64 colors and carefully filling in outlines of my favorite cartoon characters of the 1980s. As an adult, I am rediscovering my youth with adult coloring books. I’ve stepped up from crayons to gel pens for my coloring needs.
The Pentel POP Gel Pen Series Collector’s Edition includes all pop Series pens; milky pop (7), solar pop (6), and sparkle pop (8). So awesome! For a limited time, you can save 50% off this colorful collection with the code 50POPBOX on Amazon.
13 reasons why adult coloring is good for you!
1. Coloring takes us back to an easier, simpler time in our life. When we were children, we did not have the same responsibilities. We swung from tree limbs, had stuffed animal tea parties and colored for ours for the joy of it. Taking time each day or week to enjoy our adult coloring pages takes us back to those times.
2. Coloring make us use our brains. We use fine motor skills and problem solving when we are making color choices and simply applying color to our coloring pages.
3. Coloring is great for occupational therapy. When someone needs to retain their brain, this can be done with coloring increasingly difficult designs, allowing someone to work at their own pace.
4. You don’t have to be an artist to enjoy adult coloring books. Your coloring book is yours. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of it.
5. Adult coloring forces us to unplug. As a society, we are tied to technology. Taking time to focus on coloring allows our creative side to take over our consumerist side.
6. Adult coloring books are portable. Adult coloring is hobby that goes wherever you go.
7. When you color, your stress and anxiety levels can be lowered. You tend to get rid of negative thoughts as you allow yourself to be creative.
8. Coloring allows your brain relief because you enter a meditative state.
9. Coloring has intellectual benefits because it uses areas of the brain that enhance focus and concentration.
10. Coloring allows attention flows away from ourselves and to be present in the moment.
11. Coloring can be social! Adults can have coloring parties — friends get together to enjoy wine and socialize while coloring. Sometimes coffee houses, libraries or clubs even have coloring meetups!
12. Coloring allows you to have fun during your designated “me-time.”
13. Coloring is so good in activating the cerebral cortex in our brains that it may delay or prevent illnesses associated with aging, like dementia.
Adult coloring books are for everyone.
Coloring books for adults are not the cartoon character filled books you would buy a child. Adult coloring books often have a higher quality of paper full of intricate designs. They have themes of fairies, flowers, animals, mandalas and even swear words. Whether you love Harry Potter or Star Wars, there is a coloring book for everyone.
Ready to start coloring in coloring books for adults?
Pentel POP Gel Pens are perfect for cards, drawing, doodles, and more.
Milky Pop: Milky pastel colors work on light or dark colored paper to make your writing and artwork stand out.
Sparkle Pop: New sparkling iridescent ink changes color when writing on black or white paper to make your writing and artwork stand out.
Solar Pop:Vibrant neon ink colors make your writing and artwork stand out. Glows under black light!