We’ve been a customer of Comcast for over 10 years, and we recently upgrade our service to X1 Xfinity. Our tv watching has changed for the better. It’s so much easier to watch our favorite shows, whether it’s family movie night, catching up on the DVR or letting the kids pick a show on a rainy afternoon.
Here are 5 things that make X1 awesome.
Search is more powerful. Not only is their predictive text but it’s easier to find what you’re looking for. If typing isn’t your thing, there’s voice control.
1. Voice control. I tried something “new” with voice control today. The kids wanted to watch a KIDS ZONE movie, instead of navigating to it, I pushed the button on the remote and said “Play Disney Fire and Rescue”
and it worked. Huzzah!
2. Visual browsing. The search results in X1 combine all the ways to watch the show so you can pick your next steps (record a future episode, watch an on-demand episode, watch your dvr’d episode.) Different guide categories, like sports on now, movies on now, kids programs on now feature where similar shows/movies are shown in one of the menu bars (with visual icons/cover shots)
3. Have X1 in two rooms? Start your show in one room and then pick up where you left off in the other room. Can’t wait to utilize this one when we FINALLY set up our box in the bedroom. Late night movie watching hooray!
4. Life tends to get busy so we rely heavily on DVR. It’s nice to watch our favorite shows on our own time. That being said we do lose track of what we’ve watched. They’ve added a status bar that says “watched” so you know. The other cool thing that you’ll find in your DVR menu are visual icons of all the shows you recorded in the past 7 days.
5. The X1 KIDS ZONE. I can’t say enough good things about it. What’s great about the X1 KIDS ZONE is that kids can get the most out of their screen time because it has the shows they want, right at their fingertips. I’m also finding that some of their favorite movies are on there, so I’m not fighting getting a disc out of a Blu-Ray box, which is a real plus for me.
The thing is, we find new things we really like about our X1 Xfinity service every day. There are features we haven’t even explored yet!
Do you have X1 Xfinity? What do you love about it?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of XFINITY. The opinions and text are all mine.