I don’t know about you, but I can’t believe it’s almost summer! It’s finally getting warmer here in Seattle, and the kids are ready to get outside in play, coming up with fun things to do in May is no easy task for this busy mom, but I hope they like some of these ideas!
While you’re checking these out, don’t forget that it’s also time to plan for Mother’s Day gifts and well, my birthday is coming up too. 🙂
15 Things to Do with the Family in May
1. Go camping in the backyard.
2. Do a color changing experiment with flowers from your garden.
3. Have a picnic playdate with a few of the kids’ friends.
4. Get wet and wild in the sprinkler.
5. Make a poppy craft with the kids and talk about Memorial Day.
6. Or create a patriotic sensory bottle for little tots.
7. Watch clouds together and talk about the fun cloud shapes you find.
8. Make a jump rope from old marker caps, and have a contest to see who can get the most consecutive jumps!
9. Use pool noodles to create a fun croquet lawn game.
10. Take a weekend trip to the beach while it’s not too crowded.
11. Make a thunderstorm with play dough.
12. Build a lemonade stand out of an old crate.
13. Set up a backyard obstacle course to help the kids burn off energy this summer.
14. Catch bugs and set up an observation station.
15. Make fresh fruit popsicles. Strawberries and blueberries are an awesome combination!
What are some things to do in May that you love?
When you shop through links on our site, we earn a few pennies at no cost to you! Thank you!