Earth Day is just around the corner. I’ve put together this fun list of Earth Day ideas for you to do with the kiddos in your life. Don’t stop at Earth Day, these crafty ideas and activities can be enjoyed year round! Shouldn’t we always be celebrating the Earth?
Earth Day got it’s start on April 22, 1970 by Earth Day founder Gaylord Nelson, when Americans were driving their massive sedans hogging leaded gas, with no thought to the environment. There are now more than 192 countries observing Earth Day.
2020 marks the 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day! Are you ready to celebrate with these Earth Day ideas? Are there Earth Day events in your area?
Earth Day Ideas: Crafts and Activities for Kids
1. Switch to a reusable coffee filter and use the paper filters to make a Coffee Filter Stained Glass Earth |I Can Teach My Child
2. Gather up the pile of magazines next to the couch and make a Magazine Scraps Earth Day Collage | I Heart Crafty Things
3. Brighten your room with a Earth Day Wall Hanging | Kids Activities Blog
4. Get your Suess on! Print out this Lorax-Inspired Earth Day Coloring Page | By Dawn Nicole
5. We all have a stash of egg cartons! How about making a Egg Carton Tree Earth Day Craft | Glued to My Crafts
6. Shaving cream is super fun and a great sensory tool. Make a Shaving Cream Marbled Earth | Crafty Morning
7. Display your Earth Day Crafts on the frig with these Upcycled Earth Day Magnets | Moms and Crafters
8. Make time for this Earth Day Art Activity | Carrots are Orange
9. Explore the universe with this Earth in Space Art Activity | Mess for Less
10. Did you know you can use toast to learn about the earth with this Earth Toast Global Warming Lesson? | Left Brain Craft Brain
11.More sensory fun! Explore textures with this Earth Day Oobleck Sensory Activity | Little Bins for Little Hands
12. Who wouldn’t love a Simple Glitter Earth Suncatcher?| No Time for Flash Cards
13. Celebrate the beauty of Earth Day with Earth Day Nails | Housing a Forest
14.Dig through your recycling bin to make this Planet Earth Recycled Craft | Sand in My Toes
15. Make one of these Handprint Earth Day Craft for Kids every year! | Crafty Morning