Each year, I ask Santa for a new kitchen, a bigger kitchen, a more massive cookie baking kitchen.
So far he’s not listening.
But maybe what Santa is really trying to tell me is I need to think about easy entertaining. Simple. That I can still make delicious dishes without a gourmet kitchen. He must have put in a good word to Giada De Larentiis for me.
Enter the Giada De Larentiis Collection from Target. Classic cooking tools and foods to make day to day gourmet cooking AND entertaining easy. As if I needed another reason to shop at Target. 🙂 You’ll love the entire collection!
I was lucky enough to be chose to receive a selection of products from the Giada De Laurentiis collection from Target. Let me tell you, I SQUEALED when I opened the box. Not only were there food treats (which will be PERFECT for the next week with all the guests popping in and out) but NEW mixing bowls and **thud** one of her ceramic oval baker that I have been COVETING.
My photo really doesn’t do it justice, so this is what was in my special gift:
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Black Olive Tapenade, $2.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee, $6.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Mushrooms, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Genovese Basil Pesto, $3.49
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Eggplant & Pepper Pesto, $2.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target 2-Quart Ceramic Oval Baker, $19.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target 9” Ceramic Pie Pan, $16.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Silicone Spoonula with Stainless Steel Handle, $9.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target 3-Piece Plastic Bowl Set with Pour, $19.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk, $7.99
Giada De Laurentiis for Target Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, $15.99
Now, I love to cook, but I don’t claim to be a master entertainer. Luckily, Giada is, and she has some great tips to share. 🙂 I’m taking full advantage, including her Pea Pesto Crostini (yummy) and Cheese Stuffed Dates with Prosciutto (double yummy). The problem is, with delicious treats like these, I won’t want to share.
Holiday Entertaining Tips from Giada:
• Plan ahead! Prepare most of your dishes ahead of time, rather than trying to cook everything at once. You’ll feel less stressed and will be able to enjoy the party. Giada recommends leaving only one item for last minute prep – this brings everyone into the kitchen and sets the tone for a cozy, comfortable evening.
• Don’t overdo your menu – keep it simple! As a general rule, Giada suggests offering four to five appetizers. During the holidays, choose foods that have vibrant colors for an added festive touch. Also select foods that are beautiful to serve and easy for guests to eat.
• For guests who pop-in unexpectedly, keep ready-to-serve delights in the pantry such as Giada De Laurentiis for Target Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes, Marinated Roasted Red Peppers and Marinated Mushrooms for quick entertaining options. The Giada De Laurentiis for Target Genovese Basil Pesto and Eggplant & Pepper Pesto are also easy and delicious treats. Serve with toasted bread or crackers and display on a festive serving platter.
• Create less work for yourself by using multipurpose kitchen tools. The Giada De Laurentiis for Target Ceramic Bakeware can go directly from the oven to the table. The bakeware beautifully displays the dish and makes less clean-up for you! Kitchen and food items also make wonderful gifts. Add a personal touch to a hostess gift by baking your favorite homemade pie in The Giada De Laurentiis for Target Ceramic Pie Pan.
• Select one specialty drink to serve your guests. Giada’s favorite? Prosecco, an Italian champagne with a crisp, sparkling taste that is the perfect start or end to any meal. During the Holidays, add pomegranates to give the drink a festive color boost. For a warm treat, try Giada’s Spiced Coffee with Cinnamon Whipped Cream.
Just between you and me, the Spiced Coffee is that much yummier with a splash (okay a little more than a splash) of spiced rum. Mmmm warm wintery goodness. The spices Giada suggests play wonderfully with the rum.
I know that over the next few weeks my new kitchen toys from Giada De Larentiis Collection from Target are going to get quite the work out. In fact, I might make some excuses to try new recipes just so I can use my new casserole dish. 🙂 Not to mention having some nice french bread on hand for that pesto. OOOOHHH.
I’ll be headed back to Target too, to pick up some ingredients from their extensive grocery line and probably treat myself to some more from Giada’s collection. I think the 8-qt. Stainless Steel Multicooker would look great under the tree, don’t you?
Thank you Giada and Mom Central for providing me with these holiday gifts, now if you’ll excuse me, I need to decide what kind of pie I am baking. Giada – any suggestions?
Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Giada De Laurentiis for Target and received product samples to facilitate my review.