This post is paid promotion for Movies Anywhere. All opinions and experiences are my own.
We’ve just begun our winter break and it seems like we’ve already been watching a lot of holiday movies. Usually everyone can agree on what we watch, but sometimes it doesn’t work out that way. There is no doubt my children know how to use Movies Anywhere. Not so long ago, not having choices of which movies to watch ultimate lead to some tears or frustrations. But that’s all changed,.
Movies Anywhere allows you to really watch your film collection anywhere. It’s ideal for families because you can have one base account and then add profiles for your family, including rating restrictions for content access. It’s brilliant! I don’t have to worry about my 7 year old daughter being spooked by a “scary PG-13” movie.
Movies Anywhere eliminates the need for the unwieldy blu-ray collection so many of us have because all of your movies are digital. Plus, when you want a new movie, it’s at your fingertips because you can download it immediately!
Here are my tips on how to use Movies Anywhere over holiday break.
1. Reassess your movie collection. Make sure you have a few things for everyone. Thanks to Movies Anywhere, we added some new films to our collection, for kids of all ages. You’ll notice some of our choices aren’t necessarily for our younger kids, so it’s important to have those rating restrictions set up, we don’t need our kids watching Atomic Blonde! The good news is, there are so many wonderful movies we can watch as a family!
Miracle on 34th Street (original)
Muppet’s Christmas Carol
2. Make sure that everyone’s devices has their Movies Anywhere app up to date and they are logged in. If your children have their own tablets, make sure they are logged into their profile. Movies Anywhere is just that. It works on your phone, your tablet and your computer!
3. Movies Anywhere streams movies, but if you want to watch them offline, it’s really important to make sure you’re favorites are downloaded on to your device. Nothing is more frustrating then loading into the car for an impromptu drive to find that you can’t finish watching your movie! My daughter Quincy is very savvy about this, and she is the first one in our household to download her favorite movie! Sebby is not so good about it, and as soon as we are buckled into the van, he’s yelling at us all about no Internet. We love family drives together, especially during this time of year, but sometimes sitting in your car seat gets a little boring, so it’s great to have a movie ready to go.
4. Have snacks. Now you’re like, what does having snacks have to do with how to use Movies Anywhere. Here’s the thing. In a perfect world, everyone will watch Muppet’s Christmas Carol together. But sooner or later, Quincy will want to watch Swan Princess Christmas, Edison will want to watch Despicable Me 3 and Sebby will want to watch Cars 3. Individual snacks for each family member helps when the kids sneak off to different parts of the house, we don’t lose our popcorn while we finish watching our beloved Muppets.
5. Make the most of Movies Anywhere by finding a handful of movies you can watch as a family. With thousands of choices, there are sure to be a few. Whether it’s snuggled on the couch after drive looking at Christmas lights or an easy breakfast at the coffee table, find time over holiday break to reconnect together with your favorite films.
Family movie night isn’t just for the holidays. You really can use Movies Anywhere ANYWHERE. In the summer time, we take watch movies outside on our own backyard movie theater.