Things to Do in August
1. Make watermelon basil “mocktails” to enjoy with the kids.
2. Teach the kids to snorkel.
3. Make popsicle stick puppets together. You’re already eating lots of popsicles, right? Reuse those sticks for something fun!
4. Do cartwheels in the grass.
5. Paint in the rain.
6. Create popsicle resist art with these templates.
7. Whip up a yummy batch of frozen yogurt berry bites.
8. Make and play with this sticky tic tac toe game.
9. Take a day trip with the kids, and read these day trip travel tips before you go.
10. If you live near the beach, take the kids crabbing. Most kids find it fun, but you may want to leave the actual crab-catching to the adults.
11. Pokemon fans? Make paper plate poke balls!
12. Make yogurt popsicles. They’re wonderful as a treat or as a nice, cool breakfast on a hot summer day!
13. Make puffy paint watermelons. Cute!
14. Create a batch of watermelon slime for hours of ooey, gooey fun.
15. Visit the farmers market to pick out some fresh produce together.
Keep the summer fun going by shopping for cool summer gear! When you shop from my Amazon links, I earn a small commission at no cost to you. Your purchases help support our family and our site. Thank you!