With all of the bustle in getting ready for the holidays, you’ll love this list of things to do in November with your family. From cooking, to donations to reading books about being thankful, you’re sure to find something your family will enjoy doing together.
Things to Do in November
1. Make a family Thanksgiving tree together.
2. Enjoy a cup of warm apple cider.
3. Write in your gratitude journal. If you don’t have one already, make one!
4. Make a batch of pumpkin pie fudge, and take some to a friend.
5. Donate to a food bank. This is a great time for your kids to go through their old toys, too.
6. Read books about being thankful instead of the usual bedtime stories.
7. Do this scavenger hunt while watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
8. Cook some homemade chili to warm up after a chilly fall day.
9. Adults only… enjoy a cup of spiced wine to warm your bones.
10. Make a pumpkin roll for your Thanksgiving dessert. It’s way better than pumpkin pie!
11. Help the kids make a paper plate turkey wreath.
12. Gobble gobble! The kids will have loads of fun making these turkey paper bag puppets.
13. Take a hike, and use this scavenger hunt printable to make it more fun for the kids.
14. Start making fudge for the holidays. Here’s a wonderful peppermint fudge recipe to get you started.
15. Make homemade popcorn balls and watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving together.