The hustle and bustle of the winter holidays is nearly over. There is still a chill in the air and kids looking for things to do, from making valentines to wondering if the groundhog will see his shadow. You won't want to miss this awesome things of things do with kids in February.
Things to Do with the Kids in February
1. Make a craft for Groundhog Day, and find out whether or not Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow.
2. Have drinks with the kids. This Cupid’s Brew mocktail is colorful and yummy!
3. Make a friendship bracelet for a friend or neighbor.
4. Put together a Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt.
5. Throw a kid-friendly Super Bowl party.
6. Give each of your children a “date night” with you or your partner. Here are some important lessons your child can take away from parent-child date nights.
7. Did you know February 1st is National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day? So why not eat ice cream for breakfast?
8. Make mini cherry pies or try your hand at this cute cherry pie craft.
9. Enjoy a cup of polar bear hot chocolate.
10. Make a puppet theater, and let your kids put on a puppet show.
11. Too cold to go outside? No snow in your area? DIY fake snow to the rescue!
12. Learn about the pioneers of the civil rights movement for Black History Month.
13. See how many heart-shaped animals you can make.
14. Turn out the lights and play a few flashlight games.
15. Make some marbled playdough to go with heart-shaped cookie cutters.