It’s the start of my favorite time of year. I love fall. Fall means crunching through leaves, tall boots, flannel shirts and fingerless gloves. It also means coming up with fun things to do in October with my family, most likely with a caramel apple cider in hand.
Things to Do in October
1. Make spooky (or not-so-spooky) Halloween crafts with the kids.
2. Jump in a huge pile of leaves, then leave them on the ground. Allowing leaves to compost is better for your yard.
3. Whip up a batch of caramel apples. Share them with friends and neighbors! Did you know that October 31 is National Caramel Apple Day?
4. Make handprint acorns on a rainy day.
5. Enjoy some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Nothing is better than a soft, chewy cookie, especially when it’s warm.
6. Roast pumpkin seeds.
7. Visit a corn maze.
8. Build a scarecrow together.
9. Or make playdough scarecrows instead.
10. Press and preserve fall leaves.
11. Make pumpkin pie dip to dip your fruit and cookies in. Yum!
12. Go crazy with candy corn! Here are 25 candy corn snacks and treats to enjoy.
13. Have a Halloween parade for everyone to show off their costumes. It would be fun to get together with a few neighbors for this!
14. Read age-appropriate spooky stories for Halloween.
15. Drink some Halloween apple cider. This easy recipe is made in the crock pot!
16. if you live in Seattle, here’s a list of Seattle area pumpkin patches to explore!