We all have those days where we want to spend less time cooking and we need convenient and tasty meals for our family dinner. I’m finding that using a combination of frozen meals and fresh cooked food in the kitchen make it easier on me. We love InnovAsian General Tso’s Chicken in our house and paired with the new InnovAsian Spicy Noodles along with some air fried sesame green beans, I knew I’d have the perfect family meal.
This post is sponsored by The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA). All opinions are my own. For more inspiration during #FrozenFoodMonth, be sure to check out delicious ideas from NFRA at EasyHomeMeals.com #MFFM2023
General Tso’s Chicken with Spicy Noodles and Sesame Green Beans
One of the reasons we ALWAYS choose InnovAsian is for their all-white chicken meat. It’s delicious. It’s a great pairing with their NEW Spicy Noodles.
Not including the time it takes to preheat my air fryer, I can make this meal in about 30 minutes, which makes it ideal for a busy weeknight dinner.
To make this easy family meal, just prepare your InnovAsian General Tso’s Chicken using your preferred method. Hint, if you have not been using your air fryer to heat your InnovAsian General Tso’s Chicken you are missing it. It crisps it beautifully. You will want to wait to heat your InnovAsian Spicy Noodles until the very end, because they only take a few minutes.
If you want to try another recipe using InnovAsian General Tso’s Chicken, be sure to try my General Tso’s Waffle Bowls Appetizer!
Using a fresh vegetable is an great way to take your frozen meal to the next level. Since I love using my air fryer to cook my InnovAsian General Tso’s Chicken, I thought I'd prepare some air fryer green beans too.
Air Fryer Asian Sesame Green Beans
Fresh green beans that have been air fried to crisp perfection and tossed in tamari, sriracha and sesame oil make an easy side dish. Sprinkle them with sesame seeds for extra flavor. You can adjust the siracha to your heat preference.
Using an air fryer to cook vegetables takes about half the time it does in the oven, you don’t need a bunch of butter or oil and you still get that delicious char.
Here’s what you need to make air fried Asian sesame green beans. I like how the tamari, sriracha and sesame layer with the flavors of the General Tso’s and Spicy Noodles.
• Green beans
• Sriracha sauce
• Sesame oil
• Sesame seeds
• Salt and pepper
Note: You can definitely swap soy sauce for tamari. I prefer Tamari because it’s less salty with a more balanced taste and richer flavor.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the green beans with 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil.
2. Depending on your air fryer, you may need to work in batches. Cook the beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket, tossing once halfway through cooking.
3. While the beans are cooking, whisk together the remaining sesame oil, tamari and Sriracha sauce.
4. When the beans are finished cooking, Toss with the prepared sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Air Fryer Sesame Green Beans
- 8 ounces fresh green beans trimmed
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the green beans with 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil.
- Depending on your air fryer, you may need to work in batches. Cook the beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket, tossing once halfway through cooking.
- While the beans are cooking, whisk together the remaining sesame oil, tamari and Sriracha sauce.
- When the beans are finished cooking, Toss with the prepared sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
If you’re feeling really fancy, you would have made my Black sesame shortbread cookies ahead of time for dessert. These cookies are nice twist on the traditional British shortbread, they have a more savory flavor, which makes them the perfect finishing treat after the heat of the meal.
InnovAsian Coupon Giveaway!
Visit us at the Instagram image below and enter for a chance to win FREE InnovAsian coupons!